#4 My Top 10 PS2 Games


Every gamer has a distinct memory of their first console. Christmas of 2002 was when my life changed forever. I ripped off that wrapping paper and unveiled the PlayStation 2. For the next 5 years, I enjoyed a countless amount of games, as back then they were much cheaper and easier to obtain on a tight budget. I decided to this week to tell you guys about my Top 10 PS2 games of all time.

As a disclaimer, this list isn't the best games by any means, but it is a list of my personal favorites



10. Thrillville...........................................................................

Kicking things off is Thrillville. Now, this is a game that isn't really the typical game I would see myself playing. The basic premise is that you take over several theme parks. Your job is to build coasters and rides, manage attractions and prices, and mingle with your park goers. The mechanics of the game were simple but the sandbox aspect of it allowed for a high replay value. Plus there were tons of games and activities you could take part in. This game took up hours upon hours of my childhood and it's coming it at number 10.










9. Ty The Tasmanian Tiger.......................................................

Next on the list is a platformer by the name of Ty The Tasmanian Tiger. This cartoony game puts you in Australia as a duel boomer rang wielding Tasmanian tiger. You face off against frill lizards, dingos, wallabies, and much more as you try to collect 5 talismans to free your friend from the bad guy. This was one of my first ever games and I had an absolute blast playing it. Running through the Austrailian outback throwing boomerangs at animals has never been more fun. Ty and his shenanigans come in at number 9











8. NCAA Football 2007..........................................................

College football is one of the most exciting things our country has known. People root diehard for their schools, win or lose. That was personified in NCAA Football 2007. This game featured stars like Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, and Tim Tebow in their college days. Running trick plays, playing your rival school, recruiting high school kids and winning the conference and national titles over and over again make this game a hit. It is my number 8 selection.












7. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.............................................
Sly 3 is the third installment in the Sly Cooper series. This puts you as a Raccoon and his gang, who travel around the world and steal from criminals. There are many stealth elements in this game, in addition to puzzles and hidden trophies to find. Sly 3 was my first ever stealth game and it ended up being one of my favorites ever. It's coming in at number 7.














6. NFL Street................................................................................
The concept was amazing. All of your favorite NFL stars, wearing no helmets, playing football in a location of your choice. It was so much fun to play. You could create your own team and watch your underdogs go up against the legends on their home turf. Some of my favorite memories came from this game and I still play it to this day













5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance......................................................
I am a huge huge HUGE comic book fan. I love Marvel mostly. I would be a liar if I told you that my love didn't originate from this game. I learned about all the heroes and their abilities and back stories from this game. You get to assemble a group of four heroes from a roster of about 40 Marvel heroes. You go through a story that has Dr. Doom getting a force of bad guys together to take down S.H.I.E.L.D. This game is one that I probably played the most.










4. Need for Speed: Underground.................................................
Tricked out cars, street racing and big bucks on the line? It doesn't get any better than that. Tons of cars to collect, limitless customization, and different race modes that'll keep you on your toes. This game capitalized on the popularity of the Fast and Furious franchise and executed everything well. I still remember doing races through the night listening to 24's by T.I and Get Low by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz. This entry comes in at number 4











3. Spider-Man 2..........................................................................
What do I even say about this one...If you've ever wanted to be
Spider-Man, then this is the game for you. In this one, you take on villains such as Rhino, Shockwave, and of course Dr. Octopus. This game got the web-slinging combat and childish wit of Peter Parker spot on. I am tempted to go buy a PS2 right now due to my love for this game.











2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2.....................................................
I've lost a lot of friendships and broken a lot of hearts in this game. This classic fighting game features a large, but balanced roster. Players take place in 2v2 "Tag" matches. You can switch seamlessly between characters. As you play, you'll discover different combinations of fighters. I still play this game to this day and that's why it comes in at number 2.














1. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3......................................
When I began to make this list, there was zero doubt as to what number one was going to be. Dragon Ball Z is something that I am a devout fan of. I have played every single game that has come out since 2002. This is by far the best of the bunch. With a rediculous roster, transformations, fusions and every Dragon Ball Z and GT saga included, this was my absolute favorite game for the PS2















I hope you guys enjoyed my list! I will check back with you next week with more cool content!

Comments

Popular Posts